IMG_94463 e crop

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Preschool Gradution


Trying to catch up here...

Back in April, we had a preschool graduation for the six kids in our co-op preschool. The co-op preschool was a great experience. There were six kids, and we each took turns teaching one week at a time. The week after you taught, you babysat for the that week's teacher. I'm not going to lie, when it was your turn to teach, it was a lot of work. Keeping six kids interested for two hours took some creativity. But they all learned a lot this last year, and had a great time doing it.

My favorite moment of preschool happened when I was teaching. It was before class started, and I had music playing. I asked Bailey if she wanted to dance with me, she replied, "No mom. I am not here to dance. I am here to learn."

For their gradution gowns, they took their dad's white shirt and turned it backwards. Bailey, my fashionista, wasn't convinced until all the other kids were doing it. (:




They even got to do a graduation march down the stairs, with pomp and circumstance playing. Apparently, it was not an easy walk in dad's shirt...





We are really going to miss all our preschool friends!

4 comments:

HeidiPie said...

Yay, graduation. So, is there a preschool you are putting her in this year too?

Lindsey Hicks said...

That is adorable. What a great idea to use the white shirts.

Danny and Darcie said...

I'm so glad that it took you awhile to post these. It made me smile and remember the good times. We miss you guys sooo much!

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow, turning the shirts backwards was an awesome idea!! They really look like graduation gowns! Good job in pre-school Bailey!