IMG_94463 e crop

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Bailey is four!!


I can't believe that my baby is four. They say that time flies as you get older, and I believe it. I remember when we brought Bailey home from the hospital- I thought it was weird that they were letting us take her home. What if we broke her? What should we do if she cried? She changed our lives forever, and I love her more than anything.

Sadly, her baby pictures are on the other computer, so here are pictures of her starting when she is one:


Was she really ever that little?




On her actually birthday, we had a little family party. She had wanted to make a lady bug cake for my birthday (I might mention that nobody actually made me a cake on my last birthday, but that's a different story), so I attempted one for her. I think it turned out pretty well, until the frosting started to melt while I was frosting it. Oh well.


This is Avery and her someone-pulled-out-the-camera face. Hilarious.


Later, we had a princess party for her, but I didn't take any pictures. Oh well.

Here are some things I want to remember about Bailey right now:

  • She loves, loves, loves to cook with me in the kitchen

  • She likes to play this silly game where she makes up new words and wants me to copy her

  • She is getting so independent- she doesn't need me to get her a drink anymore

  • She loves swimming, painting, and crafts of any variety

  • She actually likes to help me clean the house, and she is very good at folding laundry (she calls it wrapping it up)

  • She loves her daddy- anytime to she seems him for the first time that day, she starts screaming, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" This includes in church.
I can't believe that next year she will be going to Kindergarten. Where did my baby go??

2 comments:

HeidiPie said...

Happy Birthday Bailey!!!

Danny and Darcie said...

It looks like Bailey had a great birthday dispite residency. The cake is great! Mary is telling me she wants a princess cake right now - we'll see if it changes.