IMG_94463 e crop

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Museum of Play

Last week, my old college roommate, Shannon, and her family were in town. While they were here, we visited the Museum of Play in Rochester, NY. (Of course, Mike couldn't come. Shocking.) It was awesome. It was like COSI on steriods. We were there most of the day, and didn't have time to do everything. Bailey asked me if we could spend the night there. When I told her it was closed, she asked if we could come back tomorrow. We didn't, but we will have to go back soon. Avery, of course, took eons to warm up to the place, but when she did, she had a great time.


Sometimes I'm still amazed that we are old enough to be married and have kids!



They have a giant grocery store there, and Bailey and Avery loved it. It was funny to see what items Bailey put in her cart (they could only pick five): two popcorns, a lemon, oatmeal and a loaf of bread. Maybe I'll let Bailey do the shopping now...



Avery really enjoyed the post office. For some reason, all she wanted to do was to stand at the counter and smile at me. Maybe it was fun to have a counter just her size... I don't know. She spent at least ten minutes there.



With an entire museum to play in, Bailey and Avery just wanted to read. They are girls after my own heart. (:



It's too bad that Rochester is about an hour and a half away, with a toll road between. We love the Museum of Play.

3 comments:

HeidiPie said...

That place sounds like SO much fun!! Wish we were closer to go to it with you.

Danny and Darcie said...

That place looks awesome! Mary and Derrick would have a blast. I'm going to put that on my list of things to do when we visit the Water's ;)

Ashley said...

LOVED your updated Kari - I've been wondering what y'all have been up to. That museum looks like SO much fun and your commentary is cracking me up - seriously. How do y'all like your new house - I want pictures ;).

Miss y'all a ton - hang in there with mike's residency. Just think how rich you'll be compared to us - yea! Haha, j/k. (well not really, but still) ;)