IMG_94463 e crop

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pioneer Children

On our way back from the west this this June, we stopped by Nauvoo. We spend a day and a half there, and had a great time. We didn't get to see everything there is to see, so we will have to go back. I was impressed by how family friendly the sites were (especially compared to Kirtland. Let's face it, Kirtland and kids just don't go well together!). They had pioneer games, including dress up, pioneer cookies and crafts, and John Taylor's rocking horse that was featured in the Friend recently. Bailey is still talking about it, and asking questions about the pioneers.



Yes, this is kind of a weird picture, but I couldn't get one where everyone was looking...



What a cute pioneer!








That evening, we went to one of the shows. In the break, the sister missionaries went around asking peole what their favorite part was. The people who sat next us said that it was our girls! They were being adorable. Bailey and Avery were singing and dancing and leading the music. They were our little show stealers.

The only downside was the bathroom situation. Despite taking Bailey right before the show started, she of course, had to go potty. Mike loves these kind of shows, and well, let's be honest, I'm not a huge fan. But. They only had porta-potties. I don't do porta-potties. So, Bailey and I wandered around until the piano tuner let us into the building, promising to keep it our little secret. I was really glad.

Nauvoo was a memorable experience. I loved how they tied everything into their testimony of Christ. The printer shop wasn't just a place where they printed the paper, but a place where they shared a message of Christ. It was an uplifting vacation spot.

5 comments:

HeidiPie said...

I love Nauvoo too, it's so wonderful! And I love Bailey's bangs. Cute!

Rosie said...

I love Nauvoo! Very kid friendly. I really want to get back there (I did the BYU semester program there) but it hasn't happened yet. Glad you guys had fun... and call me next time you want to head to Rochester for the museum... we haven't been yet and want to go.

Jamie said...

You look Fabulous in that bottom picture on the chair. I remember a post a while ago about a vary classy woman next to you on a park bench - well you look like that woman - so put together and awesome!

Danny and Darcie said...

Nauvoo was wonderful for us too! I want to go back. It's just a matter of when. We didn't have time to do the pioneer children games and stuff. Bailey looks adorable!

Sarah and Wes said...

Yeah, I can't wait to go there! You look great by the way!