IMG_94463 e crop

Friday, July 30, 2010

Out of the mouth of Bailey

This week, my mom and brother Chris came to visit us. On one of those days, we visited Palmyra, and forgot the camera. I don't know what got into Bailey, but she was full of hilarious sayings:


  • In the bathroom: "Mom, nobody else is in here. I don't see any feet!"
  • In another bathroom: "Mom, the big person came out of the big bathroom (the handicapped one), and the little person came out of the little one!" (Yes, one of them was still in the bathroom. And she wasn't being quiet about it.)
  • In the church bathroom (the day before): "How come someone has been in that bathroom for a really long time? When are they going to be done? Why are they taking so long?" etc... 
  • In the car: Chris: "Aren't I hot?" (he was being the typically teenage boy) Bailey: "You should get a drink of water."
  • On a trail: "Mom, I wish we had known it was going to be a hot day. We should have brought cold drinks."
She had us laughing and smiling all day long. I wonder what she's going to say next.

3 comments:

Danny and Darcie said...

Bailey cracks me up, my in-laws too.

Henry said...

So, I think it's a good thing that when she checked whether all the stalls are empty that they actually were. That way no one knew that your kid was looking underneath the doors. Which reminds me of how much I love the privacy of German public bathrooms. They don't have the funky gaps on the side, and oftentimes (or I think all the time?) the doors go all the way down to the floor. Yep, no peeking for Bailey when you take her to Germany. She'll just have to try all the doors and see if they're really locked. Hehe...

Jas and Berg said...

So funny. I can't wait for Jada to start talking more! maybe I can, sounds like it can be embarrassing. but then again, that's the fun part, too! I'm dreading potty training, but no diapers sounds pretty good and sure will when I have 4 kids in them! :D