IMG_94463 e crop

Friday, November 28, 2008

"Why?"


I had heard about the “terrible twos,” and now I am experiencing it. Bailey’s latest and greatest has been the why game. I know that all kids do that, but I had no idea it could be so annoying. Here is an average conversation right now:

Me: “It’s time for lunch!”

Bailey: “Why?”

Me: “Because our bodies need food to grow and play.”

Bailey: “Why?”

Me: How do you explain physiology to a two year old? “Because that’s how Heavenly Father made us.”

Bailey: “Why?”

Me: “Because.”

Bailey: “Why?”

Me: “Just eat your lunch.”

Bailey: “Why?”

Me: “Because I said so.”

Bailey: “Why?”

Maybe this wouldn’t be so bad if every conversation didn’t go like that. Some days I feel like I am going insane. So, I am writing this blog to remind myself some of the reasons “why” I love Bailey.

  • Her imaginary friend is Hagoth. I’m not quite sure why she loves that story from the Book of Mormon, but she loves it so much that he’s her new friend.
  • When Avery is crying, she goes and gets her own blanket and gives it to her to help her stop crying.
  • Even though dad is number one in Bailey’s book, when she is really sad or sick, she wants me.
  • She asks if she can have a little friend come over and play with her.
  • Her favorite game right now is “grocery shopping.” She gets her baby, her diaper bag, her stroller and then gets her shoes and coat on.
  • She goes around the house singing “Once upon a dream” in a falsetto voice.

All in all, Bailey is a wonderful little girl. I’m sure that the “why” game won’t last forever. Hopefully it will end sooner rather than later!


2 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

hahaha...I was laughing so hard at the "why" conversation. I remember her asking Henry why 10 times over the other day at our house. Bailey is just funny. But, I'm sure the "why" can get a little annoying at some point.

The Waters family said...

I always like to ask them why they think it is...some times it actually STOPS them from asking why (for a min at least)