IMG_94463 e crop

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Graeter's Ice cream

For those of you who have come out and visited us, we have probably taken you to the chocolate factory tour. It's free, and you get a chocolate peanut butter buckeye at the end. Bailey and I have been on the tour more times than I can remember.

Good news, we have found a new tour! On Bethel Rd. there is a Graeter's ice cream tour. Well, it's not really a tour. Their factory has open windows, like the chocolate factory, with signs telling you how they make the ice cream. It is actually pretty interesting. They only make two gallons at a time, and hand pack each pint. (I won't tell you anything else, in case you want to go). They don't give you a free sample at the end, but you can try all flavors of their ice cream before you buy a scoop. The best part of the tour is that there is a playground in the store. Bailey had a great time playing with her grandpa instead of eating her ice cream.











2 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

huh, I didn't know they had a Graeter's out on Bethel. I've been to the one in Pickerington because my sis-in-law likes it so much. I wasn't too impressed. Anyway, I wish I would have known. I'm sure my mom would have loved to go.

Shannon said...

Kari-I'm so happy that you guys have a blog now so I can see what you are up to these days, especially Bailey, and now Avery. I love chocolate and ice cream so if we ever come visit you in Columbus before you move, we'll have to indulge you to go take these tours one more time...they sound fun!