IMG_94463 e crop

Friday, November 21, 2008

My Twilight Review

Last night, I went to the 12:01 showing of the new Twilight movie with our book club. I don't know what we were thinking- a lot of us have newborns. I know that the movie isn't getting great reviews, but I loved it! I think they cast the characters very well, Alice especially. They stuck closely to the book and that made me happy. I liked the way the movie was made, it was kind of artistic. I was not disappointed by the movie at all. I was pleasantly surprised, usually the movie is never nearly as good.

There were a few things that I wished they would have done. I wish that there was more conversation between Edward and Bella, they really only talked about vampire stuff. I feel like the movie didn't convey the same intensity that existed between them in the book. However, that is hard to do in a two hour movie. Maybe we'll see more of that in the next one.

As we were leaving the movie, Sarah and I were looking the people who were there. Most of them were high school girls. Sarah said that we didn't belong there- we have kids! It's true. I haven't done anything like since I got married. It was worth it- even if I only ended up getting only three hours of sleep. It's a good thing the next one is not coming out anytime soon... Now I just have to take Mike to the movie!

1 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

Yup, it was definitely fun seeing a chick flick in the middle of the night with a bunch of girls. Lucky me for having a baby that sleeps a lot when I need to sleep, too.

So, I think I agree with you. The movie was pretty well done overall. For the most part I liked it, except for some disappointment with some character/plot development, and as mentioned before, some music stuff. But, I think it had some cool scenes in it, I really liked Edward, the artsy touch, and some other stuff that I can't remember now.