IMG_94463 e crop

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sick Avery


I thought we were going to get lucky this year- Avery had avoided getting sick for most of winter, until now. She has bronchiolitis most likely caused by RSV. And a double ear infection. She has been so good! When Bailey had her first ear infection, she screamed all night. Avery just wants to be held, and refused to sleep. My only clues were the fever and ear pulling.

Any ideas on how to get Avery to take her medicine? This picture did not do her face justice. She keeps the medicine in her mouth, and just when you think she has finally swallowed it, she blows it all out of her mouth. I've tried putting a little medicine in her mouth, and then giving her her pacifier, but she just spits that out too. I'm beginning to wonder how much of it she is actually getting...

4 comments:

Sarah and Wes said...

Just plug her nose till she swallows it. JUST KIDDING!! Hee hee! Good luck with that, I definitely have no experience in that area.

KordelandHeather said...

I put about 0.4 mls in Shane's mouth at a time, hold the binky in for a a few sucks, put 0.4 mls in, binky, and continue with that until the medicine dropper is gone. Corinne took a bottle, so I could put a little in 2 oz of milk and she'd drink it and then I'd just make the rest of her feeding of milk. My sis-in-law does do the nose thingy, but my kids noses are so stiff I wouldn't be able to plug them. Good luck, I know it's frustrating. I wish they could just give the kids a shot and it would all be over with quickly.

HeidiPie said...

Maybe sticking it clear into the back of her throat with the dropper thing so that she has to swallow it. ???I don't know??? Sorry she's so sick!! Hopefully now she's on the mend and get's better really soon.

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. That's really sad!!!