IMG_94463 e crop

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baked blackberry- not fried!

This Monday, we took Bailey and Avery to the YMCA to go swimming. What we weren't expecting was Mike's two week old blackberry taking a swim too. But it did. At first, we didn't think that any harm was done. It worked just fine until the next morning.

We started to panic when the keyboard was acting weird. The blackberry was on the fritz. Needless to say, we were worried. I googled "blackberry in water" hoping against hope that we could find something to save his new phone.

From blackberryforums.com, I got the suggestion to take the blackberry apart, and then soak the motherboard in distilled water. The next step was to bake it- yes in the oven. I figured I had nothing to lose. It couldn't make the situation any worse.

Thanks to youtube, I was able to take apart the blackberry. Then after soaking it, I baked the motherboard for three hours at 180 degrees. Another youtube video later, the blackberry was back in one piece. The moment of truth had arrived.

It worked!! The blackberry was back in perfect working order. We were both really really relieved and grateful to the crazy person who thought to bake their blackberry!

7 comments:

katherine said...

Seriously. Who in the world thinks of these things!?!? I don't know what I would do without the internet!

Ashley said...

When I first saw this i thought OH NO! Especially b/c y'all just got new phones!! What a relief...i'm so glad the soaking/baking thing worked...who would've thought! Yeah for youtube and quirky but cheap fixes!

Sarah and Wes said...

Oh my gosh, that is seriously AMAZING! I would have chucked it. I will never throw away a phone after this.

Diana Waite said...

SWEET!! Matt took a swim with his phones a couple of years ago....Grandma and grandpa happened to be here and grandma blew dry the phones and they both worked great! Congrats!

Franziska Patterson said...

I still think this is crazy and cool.

Kayce Johnson said...

Incredible! Who would have thought? What a great stay at home w/ two girls mommy and wife you are. I hope you score big on Valentines Day.

Sarah and Troy said...

So who took the family pic? Very cute.