IMG_94463 e crop

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ballet Recital

Throughout this last year, Bailey did ballet at a dance studio in Cicero. She loved it. She would come home from dance and show us all the things she learned, and even taught Avery some of the ballet terms.

She had a great time- except when she thought about the ballet recital at the end of the year. Whenever it came up, she was terrified. She told me she didn't want to do it, that she wasn't going to. When I asked her why, she said she was afraid of falling of the stage, and was scared to dance in front of so many people. (Her second fear kind of surprised me. She won't dance at home without an audience. Really. "Mom, why aren't you watching me dance?" was something I heard all day long. "Mom, I can't dance! Nobody is watching me! It's not fair!" I watched her, I just couldn't do it for hours on end like she requested.)

The long dreaded day of recital arrived, and she sat next to be practically shaking. She got to watch the other dancers first, but was curled up in the ball in her seat. When it was finally her turn, we walked back stage, and said good bye and went back, nervous myself. In one of the earlier dances, one of the little girls just stood on the stage and cried. I was afraid that was going to be Bailey for sure.

But, as you can see in the video, she surprised us all, even herself. She loved performing and did a great job. After it was done and I went to get her, she was gushing about how fun it was. She even said she wanted to do another recital that very day. I'm just glad she had a great time!

Oh, and in case you were wondering, Avery wore her little green ballet dress up there too!

2 comments:

Sarah and Troy said...

Amazing! What a brave girl- I know I couldn't do it :)

HeidiPie said...

That's adorable!!