IMG_94463 e crop

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Why I hate glass sliding doors

Some of you guys know that we had an incident with our glass door being open in the middle of night, even though we left it locked and closed. We found out about it when a police officer knocked on our door to let us know- they noticed it while they were looking for someone in the back. Well, last week, someone knocked on our glass door in at 2:30am. It totally freaked me out. Obviously, that was not nearly as bad as the last glass door scare, but I still hate that door.

Our neighbor a few glass doors down said that someone knocked on hers as well. I guess it was just some prankster. She said she turned on all her lights, and went to the front room. Out in front were the police with their lights in. Nice. Where the police out back (again!?) looking for someone? Was the guy trying to find someone who would let him in? Who knows.

We do have a stick in the door so it cannot be opened at all. Mike also has his golf clubs there ready to go. (: I do not feel safe in Golf Pointe with that door! I wish I could go back and move into an upstairs apartment. Oh well. That is something to put on my house wish list- no glass doors! And if there is one, it cannot be in our bedroom!

1 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

I'm glad I'm not on the bottom floor because that'd really freak me out. Did you ever hear about Camey Cherrington opening their back sliding door, when someone knocked on it in the middle of the door. She just went to the door and opened it to see what was going on. So funny/crazy.

I thought maybe you should put some stuff around your little porch. Like some potted plants or stuff like that - just for some extra deterrence.