IMG_94463 e crop

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bailey looses a tooth

The time I have been dreading has arrived. Bailey has started to loose her teeth.

I have an irrational fear of loosing my teeth- I even dream about it. So, I was less than excited when in May the dentist pointed out to Bailey that she had some loose teeth. He told her to wiggle them every day, and soon they would fall out.

Bailey took his advice to heart. Morning, noon and night she wiggled that tooth. She was constantly chronicling how much looser it was getting. "Mom, look at it now!" I hated it! It was so gross. And it kept getting grosser the more she wiggled it.

Finally it was hanging on by a mere thread. It was awful. She was excited, and I was nauseated. Mike couldn't take it any longer and finally, in his words, "gave it a quick twist" and it came out. I'm glad he's used to blood and bones because there was no way I was pulling that tooth.

Here is our toothless beauty:









4 comments:

Annette said...

I have nightmares about losing my teeth too! But Bailey sure is cute :)

Laura said...

It is gross when they are barely hanging on. once Ally lost one tooth others followed fast. I think she lost 7 that first year she started loosing them. James however lost two last year and hasn't lost any since. I think it is sad when they loose those top ones. Takes the little youngness out of them a bit when the big teeth grow in.

M. Fisk said...

Very cute!!

Unknown said...

It seriously made me sick when Noah's bottom to teeth were loose...so gross...lol.