IMG_94463 e crop

Monday, September 10, 2012

Avery is FOUR!

Avery was lucky enough to have her cousins and her grandparents here just a few days before her birthday. We decided to celebrate it early so she should could party with her cousins.

When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, she told me she wanted a rainbow cake like Bailey had, but with a princess on top. I told her she didn't have to have the same kind of cake, so then she couldn't decide between Blue's Clues and Backyardigans. I should have just made a rainbow cake- she ended up wanted a Backyardigans cake and I am not an artist. All in all, I think her Tasha cake turned out pretty cute.









As the procrastinator that I am, we didn't buy her gifts until the night before. She had asked for a piggy bank like Bailey's, but a chalkboard on she had seen at Target. Not really thinking it through, I set her gifts next to our bed, hidden behind Elyse's co-sleeper. However, sometime during the night, Avery came in to tell me she loved me and she saw the chalkboard piggy bank.

The next morning she went around telling everyone she had seen one of her presents- the piggy bank! Her Aunt Val told her it was actually a present for her birthday and Avery was not too happy about that. We decided we better not tease her about it. When it was finally time to open up her piggy she was in love:



Right now, Avery is:

  • Very loyal. If she is at Wegmans with me, she asks for a sticker for Bailey too. She is always looking out for Bailey.
  • A little comedian. She loves to make people laugh.
  • A little dancer. She dances and sings all around the house.
  • Learning how to play the piano and read.
  • A great bog sister. 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute cake!! Looks like she had a good day!! :D