IMG_94463 e crop

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Birthday Girl!

Our little baby is two! It's hard to believe that two years have gone by. She may not have grown much hair since then, but she is getting big, and talking a ton.
 
Yesterday we started the day by baking the birthday cake. Bailey and Avery had to help, of course, and lick the mixing spoons.


Avery was a chocolaty mess before she even had any cake. (:

Lately, we have been reading the book, "How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?" Consequently, Avery loves loves loves dinosaurs, and asked me to make a dinosaur cake for her birthday. I think it turned out pretty cute. I have to give Mike the credit for a great frosting job.

We celebrated around lunchtime before Mike had to go to work.





I was looking at pictures from Bailey's second birthday, where she got a purse too. I didn't even realize that. I guess purses are perfect for two year olds.

She was so excited about the trains she got from grandpa, she wouldn't even look up for a picture.

And the bubble wrap was almost as cool as the trains. (:

Right now, Avery:

  • Wants to read books all day
  • Sings songs by herself as she is playing (itsy bitsy spider, I am a child of God, Head, shoulders, knees and toes, Jesus came to John the Baptist, Popcorn popping)
  • Loves trains
  • Walks around with some serious attitude
  • Talks with some serious attitude, it's actually funny (for now)
  • Sends herself to timeout
  • Is still our little snuggle bug
  • Like to give us eskimo kisses
Avery has brought our family so much joy. Happy birthday!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww!! Happy Birthday Avery!! It looks like she had a blast!! :) Did you have a dinosaur cake pan or did you cut the shapes?

Franziska Patterson said...

That's a pretty impressive cake there! I guess Sophia won't have much of a say in the matter. I think I already decided to make my blueberry muffins for her birthday - fairly healthy, really easy, and she totally loves them. It'll have to do.

Kari said...

I cut the shapes. There was a template online. It really wasn't that hard. Although, I confess, I was pretty proud of it. (:

Danny and Darcie said...

That cake is superfabatastic! Avery is so big and grown-up (I just told Fran the same thing about Sophia). Where have our little ones gone? Happy birthday Avery!!!

Sarah and Wes said...

Yay! Awesome cake! I hope I can do that for West when he gets older! And how funny that you got her that dog book. We just were looking at that book at the library and I was thinking it was a really cute book!