IMG_94463 e crop

Monday, March 26, 2012

Christmas Morning 2001

Luckily for us, Christmas fell on a Sunday- the only day Mike had off that rotation. However, he still had to go in and round that morning, and he usually didn't make it back before church started. We had a dilemma. If he wasn't back before church, that meant I had to spend an entire morning with the girls not letting them open presents. 

Christmas morning arrived, Mike went off to the hospital, reassuring me he'd be back. I wasn't so sure. When the girls got up, I tried to distract them and keep them busy. We got ready for church first, dragging our feet, hoping Mike would make it not only in time for church, but with time to open presents before. Thankfully, he did! It was a little weird opening presents in Sunday dresses instead of warm PJs...

Santa brought the girls Leapsters. I'm still not sure how they managed to convince Santa.



Avery wanted another baby, why, I'm not sure. She has a million. At least this one "eats" bananas.




Christmas was really a laid back day for us. I still wasn't feeling well, but it was nice that we could all be together.

0 comments: