IMG_94463 e crop

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

It's a...




GIRL!! We are super excited. Mike and I both kind of felt like this baby was another girl, and we were right. No, we are not disappointed about not having a boy. Bailey and Avery are so much fun, we are excited to have another little girl running around! However, we are having a really hard time coming up with a name...

This pregnancy has been another challenging one. I was so sick up until about 22 weeks. I was really beginning to despair, thinking I was going to be sick until June. Mike suggested that I try taking Zantac, and once I did, I started feeling better. Finally. 

Bailey has been a huge help. During the worst of it, she would get herself up, dressed, and then help Avery get dressed. She would get both their teeth brushed and even pour both of them cereal for breakfast. All I had to do was get up and brush their hair. Avery was also a little blessing. She is such an independent spirit that she was mostly happy reading books in bed with me, watching movies, and listening to books on tape while I stayed in bed all day. The little sweethearts also made their own dinner on the nights when I was the sickest- PB&J. They even thought they were pretty cool doing it.

I am feeling much, much better and am hoping that the next three months fly by. These last few weeks I've finally really popped. Yesterday, a friend of mine saw me and laughed. She couldn't believe how big I'd gotten in the half week it had been since I had seen her. Today at the grocery store, another pregnant mom made a comment about how she was only in the second trimester, and look at me. Yeah. I'm only a few days into the third trimester. Oh well. I knew it was going to happen.  (:

3 comments:

David said...

Congratulations! We don't know what our next baby will be, but sometimes I imagine what it'll be like having a bunch of girls. I think it sounds fabulous. :)

HeidiPie said...

GIRLS!!!! I'll have to come to you for advice when they're all teenagers. =) That is so awful that you have been sick all this time and I'm glad that the Zantac is working for you!! Hopefully you can enjoy some of this pregnancy now. I can't wait!!

Sarah and Wes said...

Congratulations!! People seem to think you'll be disappointed to have another of the same sex, but we were thrilled to have another boy! I'd love to have a little girl sometime, but I'd be totally happy to have all little boys running around! Glad to see some updates from you! And so glad you are feeling better. I was only sick for like 12 weeks and I thought it was a nightmare. You are such a trooper!