IMG_94463 e crop

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Want to know what 140 in. of snow looks like?

When we found out we'd be moving to Syracuse, we knew we'd be getting a lot of snow. But I didn't know we'd be getting quite this much. I had never shoveled a driveway before this year. And I would be okay if I never did again. It got to the point where I could no longer shovel. I couldn't throw snow up on to the snow bank because it was so high.



Notice that you can not see our mailbox. Somewhere peaking out is what's left of it.





I don't think the pictures really do it justice. We tried to push Bailey down into the snow to show how really really deep it is, but the snow was too packed down.

The sun finally came out this week, and Bailey asked me, "Is is summer??" We don't get to see the sun too often around here. In fact, Avery cried and cried about the sun shining on her. Yes, it's been that long since the sun has shown her face.

Luckily, at least hopefully, spring is around the corner!!

3 comments:

Danny and Darcie said...

Wow, that is a ton of snow. It looks like you guys got all of the snow that Utah should have. The weather hear has been breaking records over one hundred years old because it is so warm. It feels like April, and has been in the mid fifties low sixties for days now. The ironic thing is I am actually missing the snow. I am sick of brown. I like winter, and don't mind shoveling snow - at least decent amounts of it. Not crazy obscene amounts like you got :) I hope you at least get some sun soon - I send some from Utah your way.

Scott said...

I guess there is a reason Mike want's to live in Houston/Galveston. It is in the mid seventies here. Perfect weather.

Sarah and Wes said...

Please, please, PLEASE let spring be around the corner!!!! I am SO sick of WINTER!!!!