IMG_94463 e crop

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Angry Blog

I hate residency all ready. And it hasn't even started.

Today, the second year asked Mike to come in. He doesn't start until next week, and today was his last Saturday off for forever. And they asked him to come in.

Too make matters worse, Mike had already agreed to help his fellow intern move in that morning. I was happy to have him do it. We had a lot of help moving, and I was glad to help someone else. But that meant he couldn't come in until the afternoon.

I'm so mad. Today is Bailey's birthday and we had promised to take her to the zoo. Because of that stupid meeting where the second year showed him the supply closet (yeah), we couldn't go to the zoo.
That's just great. And apparently he has to go in on his very last day off too.

7 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

I don't know whether that's worse or better than hanging out at the ER all day, but it definitely sucks. On the bright side, we may be coming next weekend after all. ;)

Also, you may like this:

http://mw2ger.info/lodw/index.php

Lindsey Hicks said...

Oh Kari that is such a bummer. Do you have plans to go to the zoo with Mike another day? If not Norah and I would love to go with you. We could come up Monday. We've been wanting to visit but weren't sure when you were going to be settled in.

Shellee said...

my mom said the same thing happened to my dad as well when he started residency. At least they limit some of the hours. My dad would work sooo much. Hang in there.

Rosie said...

I'm sorry! Wish I could make them not call him in for work. Just make sure he gets his vacation requests in early, and hopefully you'll be able to make plans to do fun things. Call me if you want to go do something with the kids. :)
Oh, by the way, I'm adding your link to my blogroll.

Danny and Darcie said...

I'm sorry Kari, that is not the way I would want residency to begin. Not to mention, I bet you all needed the break and fun that the zoo would have been. Happy birthday Bailey! I can't believe that she's four. We miss you guys!

HeidiPie said...

ARG, I'd hate it too!!

Sarah and Wes said...

Boo!!! I'm sorry :(