IMG_94463 e crop

Monday, July 27, 2009

A day at the bird pond

Today we braved the hot Reno weather and went to Virginia Lake, just a few blocks away from my mom's house. Bailey had a great time feeding the birds, which included a very few ducks, lots of geese, even more pigeons, and a variety of other little birds.

Avery wanted me to put her down so she could crawl after the birds, but, I just didn't want her to get that dirty!
This picture doesn't do these birds justice- they were huge! They were as big as Bailey.


When she realized there would be no crawling in the dirt, she tried to get me to let her pet a bird. Poor Avery.
Bailey ate just about as much bread as she fed the ducks.


We tried to play on the playground out there, but it was just too hot. I wondered why the playground was so empty. So we decided to take a walk around the lake, but there was not enough shade and we were sweltering. We took a seat on a bench to watch the birds and after a minute there is a big splat right in front of me. I looked up, and we were sitting directly under some birds. We had missed being pooped on by inches! After that, we just called it a day and headed back home for a drink and air conditioning.

0 comments: