IMG_94463 e crop

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A typical night

7:00pm: Mike leaves for scouts, I put the girls in a bath.

7:30: Two clean girls leave the bath, Bailey is coloring in her room, I am putting Avery down.

7:45: Bailey tells me she has peed in her panties. Of course, I didn't put her in her training panties because she has not had an accident in weeks.

7:50: I lay Avery down, and go to deal with Bailey, who has peed all over the bathroom floor right next to the toilet. I tell her she has to clean in up. She falls in the puddle and gets covered in her own pee. Nice.

7:55: While she is in the shower, I clean up the big mess, and then clean her up.

8:05: Bailey and Avery are both in bed. Yeah. Time to relax.

8:05-8:50: Bailey gets up about four times having to go to the potty. Mike comes home and tells her no more potty, and no more getting up.

9:00: Avery wakes up. I refuse to feed her- it's only been an hour. She cries for a few minutes and goes back to sleep.

9:40: Avery wakes up again. I decide maybe she really is hungry and try to feed her.

9:45: While I am feeding Avery, Bailey is yelling in her room, "DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!" I am worried that she is going to really wake up Avery, who is almost asleep. Mike goes back and wraps up Bailey's baby.

9:50: Avery is in her crib again. Finally.

10:30: We are getting ready for bed. Bailey is still awake.

10:45: I am seriously exhausted. We turn out the lights, and Avery wakes up again.

11:00: After feeding Avery, she is back in her own bed. I think that Bailey is asleep.

1:00: Avery wakes up and kind of eats, again.

4:30: Avery wakes up and kind of eats.

5:30: Avery wakes up again. I refuse to feed her. She fuses for a few minutes and goes back to sleep. Mike has to be up in a half an hour but doesn't go back to sleep.

6:00: Mike gets up, Avery fusses a little, but I still don't get her up.

6:30: Mike leaves. Maybe now I can go back to sleep.

6:50: Bailey wakes up, I tell her it's too early and that she needs to go back to bed. She at least stays in her bed.

7:00: Avery wakes up for the day and eats. Bailey hears us up and gets up as well.

I am ready for a good night's sleep! And a vacation by myself. Maybe Mike can come if he promises to just let me sleep...

6 comments:

HeidiPie said...

Yes, you definitely need a break just to sleep. At LEAST two days. I'll babysit if you need.

Sarah and Troy said...

All girls trip Kari...just us moms. No husbands or kids. We could sleep all day!

Sarah and Wes said...

Poor Kari!!! I hope that you get that vacation and sleep soon! I'm getting as much as I can while I still can :D

Janelle Dobson said...

Hey aren't you taking a trip to Chicago soon? I can't remember when you said that was going to be- we're settled now and would love to see you if/when you come into town. You can even stay at our place if you like!

Kayce Johnson said...

I'll take them for a few hours during the day and then you can get a nice long nap. I want to help.

The Miller Family said...

I am so sorry, we have had nights like that also. Isn't being a parent awesome. Why do we have kids again?