IMG_94463 e crop

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkins and Ponies











On Saturday Mike was on call, so Bailey, Avery and I went to a farm that was down the road. We went on a hayride, which dropped us off in a corn maze. I wasn't expecting a corn maze, and Avery was in her carseat. Managing the corn maze carrying that thing around was a little tricky. Bailey loved the maze. The corn was so tall- we really felt like we were lost in there. Once we got through the maze, we got to pick a pumpkin. They spread out lots of pumpkins in a big empty field. Bailey was a little trooper. She picked a little pumpkin, but it was still too heavy. I was loaded down with the carseat and my pumpkin, so I couldn't help her with hers. Every few feet she would drop her pumpkin and take a break. Finally, the guy who drove the tractor helped her carry her pumpkin. She is usually pretty shy with strangers, so I was surprised when she kept talking about the "really nice guy" who helped her carry her pumpkin.

After we rode the tractor back, Mike met up with us. Then, Bailey went on a much anticipated pony ride. We had been talking about it for a while, and she made it clear she wanted to ride a little pony, not a big pony. When the time came, she was pretty scared. I put her the pony, and she really wanted to get off. Once the pony started walking, she felt a little bit better about it, but she would never actually touch the pony. Holding onto the saddle was about as much as she could handle. She thought it was pretty exciting.
We love fall in Columbus. There are so many fun things to do!

5 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

hahaha, I was laughing so hard about the pumpkin dilemma. I was visualizing you with a pumpkin in one arm, car seat in other, and Bailey trying really hard to carry her pumpkin. Doesn't sound too fun actually, but it looks funny in my head! I can't wait for Sophia to be big enough to enjoy all those things.

Sarah and Wes said...

Wow! What beautiful little girls you have! I haven't seen Bailey since she was like a week old it seems. I remember how little and perfect she was. Go Ohio State!! I just love Ohio in the fall! You luckies! Hope everything's going well for you guys.

Jas and Berg said...

We're so happy you have started to blog! You're expert already! You all look so good - and what beautiful girls! Thanks for sharing - now we'll keep in touch much more often! Jas & Berg

Kayce Johnson said...

That would stink having to carry a car seat all over a maze. Is this a new blog. I can't remember who's blog I was just in and stumbled across yours. Looks Good.

KordelandHeather said...

I remember thinking Bailey looked like Kari, now I'm thinking she looks like Mike (only prettier!). Anyway, glad to see your cute blog!