IMG_94463 e crop

Thursday, August 27, 2009

The joys of parenting

Today I took Bailey and Avery to Papa Murphey's while Mike tried to "figure out his life." There was a line, so a young professional woman in very nice clothes moved over on the bench to make room for Bailey and me. Bailey promptly said to me, in a rather loud voice I might add, "Mom, you have lots of boogers all over your nose!"

Nice. I didn't actually have boogers all over my nose. I've had a wonderful summer cold this week so my nose is chapped and sore. On top of that, who knows when I last brushed my hair. Or how long the boogers have been on my shirt (and no, I have not been wiping my nose on my shirt. They belong to Avery who has the same cold as me). Needless to say, I was relieved when the fancy woman got into her fancy Honda SUV and drove away.

All I can say is, you don't know until you've been there.

4 comments:

Franziska Patterson said...

Ha...guess we're both enjoying parenthood at the same time. Boogers aren't so bad. I don't know why people make a big deal. We all have them. :)

Rachel said...

so . . . did Mike figure out his life?

The Hansens said...

I've been there too, and I'm so glad you blogged about it! it's nice to know I'm not be the only one covered on boogers.

Sarah and Wes said...

Loved this post--I have not been there yet, but I'm sure my time is coming!